Thursday, March 24, 2005

Condensed Imperfect Memory #1

3:29 am.

*Click*

"One had better have a very good reason for calling this early in the morning."

"*Sniff* Matt? Are you there?"

"Uhh.... yeah?"

"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to wake you... this is Alexia!"

"Alexia! I'm sorry, I thought you were one of my friends playing a prank."

"No, it's ok, I shouldn't be calling so late anyway."

"It's ok... look, are you crying?"

"Yeah"

"What's wrong?"

"It's Kellen. We were at this party, and he just got angry at me and took off in his car.. and he hit someone elses car on the way out... now everyone is angry at me!"

"Oh... Alexia, it'll be ok. Don't worry about it."

"I'm sorry I called you, I didn't know who else to call!"

"No, it's ok. You're ok though, right? You're not hurt or anything?"

"No, I'm fine, but now everyone hates me."

"I don't hate you.. don't worry, it'll turn out ok. I'm sure he's come around by now."

"Look, I have to go, thanks for talking to me so late."

"No problem Alexia. Get some sleep now, ok?"

"Bye Matt"

"Bye"

*Click*